Important Information for Parents / Guardians
Last updated: 12th July 2021
As stated in our terms and conditions no credits or refunds will be offered unless there is proof of a medical certificate for the period of time covering our re-opening.
Please note some of the main changes within the swimming lesson programme:
- Swimming teachers will teach from the side of the pool in order to remain socially distanced.
Ratio’s in classes will be reduced.
- Children need to come in swim wear under their clothing to reduce time in changing areas.
- There will be breaks in between classes to sanitise poolside and equipment and reduce clustering.
- Children will not share equipment within the lesson. Children will be expected to put on and/or remove their own aids.
- Children should not bring their record card to swimming lessons.
- There will be separate entry and exit points to poolside.
- Spectating areas may have changed. Only 1 adult spectator per swimmer.
- Swim Tots parents will have to be in the water with their child as no teachers are allowed to enter the water.
- To accommodate the changes within the guidance, your child’s lesson day and/or time and/or venue may change
Changes from August
- The number of classes and capacity in classes may increase to accommodate more swimmers onto the lesson programme.
- Teachers will begin to teach in the water to enable in water demonstrations and hands on teaching, in particular with Badge 1 and 2 swimmers.
- We are still encouraging swimmers to come ‘beach ready’ to reduce congestion in changing areas and we ask that that only one parent/guardian accompanies each child.
Changes from September
There will be time changes to swimming lessons from September as we reduce the gaps in-between lessons to accommodate additional classes and public swimming.