On your next visit
Things might look at little different and social distancing may be the ‘new normal’, but we can assure you that you will still receive a 1st class experience when coming back to our leisure centres.
We have introduced extra safety measures following UK Government and Industry guidelines to make sure your feel comfortable and confident when exercising in our centres.
Cleaning measures have been redefined and we have provided access to sanitising stations in all areas so members can wipe down the equipment after use. We have limited centre capacity to make sure social distancing is adhered to and educated our staff on our new measures to ensure we can provide a safe environment for all.
Take a look at our video to find out what to expect when coming back to our centres.
Last updated 13th October 2020
In light of the Prime Minister’s most recent update, Life Leisure want to assure customers that our sites in Barrow remain open, and we continue to operate in our COVID-secure environment.
We want to thank our members for adhering to UK Government guidelines and are continuing to follow our additional safety procedures. This is helping to keep our centres a safe place to exercise.
When coming into our centres, please remember to:
- Wear a face mask in all circulation areas of our buildings. This includes reception, corridors, spectator areas and toilets. This does not include the gym, sports halls, studios, swimming pools or outdoor spaces, though you may still choose to wear one in these areas if they wish.
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival to the centres and use the cleaning stations to wipe down equipment after use.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Download the NHS Test & Trace app and scan the QR Code posters on entry points.
- Book your gym, swim or studio class online prior to arriving at our centres.
All gym and studio booking can be made through your online account. You will need to enter your email and password to log onto your account. You can book up to 7 days in advance and classes must be cancelled up to 1 hour to avoid a cancellation charge. Please see our bookings policy for full details.
To book a swim, please visit our online ticketing page and enter your membership number. Alternatively you can book swimming through your online account (this must be in full website view, not the mobile app view). You will need to log in using your email and password to log onto your account. Once you are logged in, on the left hand side you will see ‘activity tickets’ and you can book your swims through here.
Our new swimming lesson course will start on Thursday 15th October. If you haven’t signed up to a swimming lesson agreement or to course pro yet to pick the day and time of your swimming lesson please contact your Pool Coordinator for assistance.
We will continue to closely monitor the Government restrictions and will keep you update if our situation changes.
Information & support
We understand that you might not feel comfortable coming into our centres, so we’ve been working hard to provide you with helpful resources to keep you fit and healthy:
- Helpful tips & tricks over on our blog to help you stay healthy & active
- Home workout videos on our YouTube Channel, including videos from our SMILE & PARiS programmes
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily fitness content
- Access to a 60 day free trial with Les Mills on Demand
- Sign up to our newsletter and be the first to receive the latest news and updates
- GOV.UK website
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website
- The World Health Organization
Last updated 13th October 2020
Memberships will re-activate as below:
- If your home club is one of either Stockport Sports Village or Houldsworth Village your membership is active (unless requested to freeze)
- All other home clubs will be reactivated to enable bookings to activities appropriate to the date of your home club reopening
- If your home club isn’t reopening during phase two (as above) your membership will remain frozen at £0.00 however if you wish to reactivate your membership to enable access to centres in line with your package please complete this form.
- Full details of your direct debit will be sent to you as an advanced notice of collection we will be collecting a pro-rated amount on the 15th September to take into account the payment collected in March 2020.
- Your standard monthly collections will resume on the 15th October 2020.
- If you’ve paid for your membership upfront for the year we’ll add the time for which we’re closed to the end of your membership subscription.
Freezing your membership
- If you feel you are not ready to return but would like to freeze your membership please complete the following form at £0.00 charge to freeze.
If you have any questions, please email a member of the team and we will get back to you within 5 working days.