As you are aware we have been preparing for the return of swimming lessons at Life Leisure Barrow from mid-September 2020. Our new operating procedures will be in line with relevant Government and Swim England guidance, which will see a change to our usual practice. Full details can be found below.
Online Booking Instructions
Due to the closure of facilities in March 2020 you are owed 3 sessions for your child which we will now be delivered between 17th September and 14th October 2020. To book your 3 Catch Up Swimming Lessons you will need to register your child for an online account*.
*If your child already has a Life Leisure Kids membership and are registered for online bookings this will allow them to book their Catch Up Swimming Lessons, in the same way.
Please follow the link below to register, where you will need an email address for your child (1 per child) and by logging in to the member area using this link. Online bookings will go live from 6.30am Thursday 10th September.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE – Any email address you choose to use for this registration will be used for all future swimming lesson correspondence.
Follow these steps to book online:
- Login with email address & password or REGISTER
- Make a booking
- Select your Swimming Lessons Club of your choice
- Select ‘Catch Up Swimming Lessons’
- View timetable
- Choose your Badge Level & add to basket
- Choose another (up to maximum of 3 sessions)
- Click ‘OK’
- Check your sessions in the basket
- TICK – Agree to Terms & Conditions
If you are unable to make online bookings, you are able to book in at your home club during normal opening hours.
Important Information for Parents/Guardians
As stated in our terms and conditions no credits or refunds will be offered unless there is proof of a medical certificate for the period of time covering our re-opening.
Please note some of the main changes within the swimming lesson programme:
- Swimming teachers will teach from the side of the pool in order to remain socially distanced.
- Ratio’s in classes will be reduced.
- Children need to come in swim wear under their clothing to reduce time in changing areas.
- There will be breaks in between classes to sanitise poolside and equipment and reduce clustering.
- Children will not share equipment within the lesson. Children will be expected to put on and/or remove their own aids.
- Children should not bring their record card to swimming lessons.
- There will be separate entry and exit points to poolside.
- Spectating areas may have changed. Only 1 adult spectator per swimmer.
- Ducklings parents will have to be in the water with their child as no teachers are allowed to enter the water.
To accommodate the changes within the guidance, your child’s lesson day and/or time may have to change.
Further details will be sent soon as how to enrol your child/children from 17th October 2020 on continuous lessons.
If you are having any issues, please email your pool coordinator email@example.com